|Wedding and Elopement Services|
Congratulations on your upcoming ceremony, and thank you for considering the use of Mountain Valley Home's services. You have come to the right place! We believe in intimate, beautiful, inexpensive, amd stress-free ceremonies personalized just for you. Whether you are a young couple just getting started, or "seasoned veterans" celebrating your 50th Wedding Revow, we will listen to your requests and personalize your ceremony just for you!
Many couples have chosen nearby Rocky Mountain National Park for their destination wedding. There are a variety of picturesque locations in the Park from which to choose. (See our "Photo Gallery" for examples of the possibilities.) More detailed and up-to-the-minute RMNP ceremony requirements and a list of allowed ceremony locations can be found at Rocky Mountain National Park's website. (We highly recommend reading the wedding section of their site before finalizing your RMNP ceremony location and plans.)
No matter how you envision your wedding day, we strive to make it happen for you by assisting with whatever we can. We can help you choose just the right ceremony location, an experienced officiant who will personalize your ceremony just for you, an on-site reception (or suggestions of where to book your restaurant reception), and beautiful wedding cakes that are equally delicious!
All of this will be yours...without breaking the bank. We can even provide helpful information regarding the acquisition of your Colorado marriage license. (The application office is located just down the street from the B&B. You can pick it up and be married the same day if you like!) We are truly a one stop shop for your intimate destination wedding!
Depending on the time of year and our mountain weather conditions, your pre- and post-wedding group gatherings as well as your on-site wedding and reception (see reception requirements in the chart above) may be held in one of several locations in and around the facility.
As you drive up to the Inn, you are immediately greeted by the first of many ceremony sites: green lawns and majestic pines surrounding our beautiful waterfall, stream, Koi pond, bridge, and a lovely entry arbor under which your ceremony may be performed.
As you enter the Inn through the grand foyer, the main level opens up to several nice indoor and outdoor wedding and reception locations. The first is the elegant combination living/diningroom containing one of the home's cozy gas fireplaces...the perfect location for exchanging your vows as you watch the snow fall on the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Moving through this area (and into Estes Park's gorgeous summer and Fall weather), you find yourself gazing at the surrounding tree-covered mountains from our 1250 square-foot, wrap-around, covered veranda which, in warm weather, provides you and your guests with plenty of fresh air, mountain views and space to sit, eat, drink and be "married."
If you follow the veranda around the house, you will find yourself back at the front entrance. This time, when you cross the threshold, climb the staircase to the loft above, where you'll find what we like to refer to as the treetop lounge...the Inn's highest and most private location. Here you can exchange your vows privately with the trees and mountain tops as your witnesses.
The final stop on your Mountain Valley Home wedding tour, takes you to the Inn's lower level Great Room. This multi-purpose space is perfect for staging both your ceremony and reception, and for spending memory-making time with one another before, during and after the main event! The guest kitchen and dining area are perfect for preparing and presenting snacks and light meals, as well as your reception fare (if you like). The large open-concept seating area with its inviting gas fireplace provides yet another cozy spot for your ceremony. Afterwards, our beautiful (adjoining) Wine Room, with its romanatic Tuscan ambiance, is the perfect place to raise a congratulatory glass to the newly married couple. If you like, you may choose to reamain in the wine room where Paul will provide the wine enthusiasts in your group with a very special celebratory "tasting" experience, prior to comencing with your on-site (or restaurant) reception.
Now that you know how perfectly laid out the Inn is for your wedding and reception needs, you'll be thrilled with the luxurious accommodations we have available for you and your wedding party! Some (or all of you) may be traveling a long distance, and you will want everyone (including yourselves) to be comfortable and well taken care of. Please be assured, our number one priority is ensuring that your Colorado Rocky Mountain destination wedding experience is everything (and more than) you dreamed it would be!
So, now is the time to visit our five individual suite pages, view the beautiful photos in our "Photo Gallery" (as well as throughout the Website), read the details, and get the answers to your questions. Then give us a call at 970-586-3100, and we'll be happy to assist in booking the services you desire, plus lodging accommodations for you and your entire wedding party.Our five-suite bed and breakfast comfortably accommodates ten adults. If this is sufficient to house yourselves and your wedding party, there are numerous advantages to booking the entire Inn for your group.
• Elopement ceremonies for just the bride and groom (no guests) may be performed at our facility with no facility use fee!
• We are happy to host Small On-site Weddings with a maximum of 15 attendees, including the bride and groom. Reservation of all five suites for a minimum of two nights is required for any wedding on site. This ensures that there are no guests that are not in your party and that our complete attention can be on your event. Currently published suite rates will be discounted for your group.
• A Catered Appetizer Reception is available for small on-site (or off-site) wedding parties. Depending on your chosen menu, the price per person ranges from $25 to $50, and includes a champagne and/or sparkling cider toast. Catered dinners may also be arranged upon request.
Recommended Local Businesses
• Officiant - Eric Frawley 970-586-2124: An ordained, non-denominational minister providing professionally written customized vows, and is available to preside over your ceremony here at the Inn, or any other nearby location you choose, including Rocky Mountain National Park.
• Flowers - The Enchanted Florist, 970-586-2663: Conveniently located two miles from our doorstep, owner Meghan is a joy to work with and a talented florist providing the freshest and most "Enchanting" arrangements.
• Cakes – Heavenly Pastries and Confections by Carol Smith, 970-215-5250: Delicious, professionally prepared cakes made with love and the very best ingredients, are available in a variety of sizes, flavors and designs.
• Photography – Far Beyond Image by Bill Konarski, 970-685-1937: More than a picture...combining exceptional photography with extensive post production editing to create Far Beyond Images at reasonable rates.
Ceremonies in nearby Rocky Mountain National Park require a Special Use Permit. Application forms, location photos, and other general information can be found at http://www.nps.gov/romo/planyourvisit/weddings.htm.
Thank you for your interest in Mountain Valley Home Bed and Breakfast Inn. We look forward to assisting with your wedding plans, and we thank you in advance for the confidence you place in us on this important day in your lives!